Fifth Estate Communications offers a unique opportunity to combine your outstanding communications skills with your passion for sustainability and social equity. We’re looking for an Account Manager with at least two years of experience to join our growing team.
Fifth Estate Communications (Fifth Estate) seeks a resourceful and effective communications manager who understands the fast-paced client environment, embraces hands-on communications challenges, and understands the essential role that digital strategy plays in successful communications.
- Develop and lead implementation of communications strategies for a range of nonprofit, government and small business clients.
- Create both print and online content, including concept development, writing and editing, layout and design, and production.
- Launch and sustain earned and social media campaigns.
- Day-to-day client relations, project tracking, and account management.
While there isn’t a typical day at Fifth Estate, a typical week might include drafting a communications plan for a client, building a targeted outreach list, editing and designing a client’s latest report, developing a digital campaign plan, and managing our own social media channels.
As part of a small team, this position offers an opportunity for an immersive experience, including strategic communications planning, client relationship management, hands-on media and stakeholder relations, and full-project lifecycle involvement — from proposal to completion.
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least two years of relevant professional experience.
- A bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Exceptional writing, presentation, and strategic thinking skills.
- Stellar project management abilities, including experience in both developing and managing budgets.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, especially InDesign and Illustrator.
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to adapt when projects shift course unexpectedly.
- Experience working directly with clients covering a range of topics and issues.
- Interest in business development and client acquisition.
- Strong desire to significantly advance your career in a supportive, fast-paced, hands-on environment.
This is a full-time exempt position reporting to Fifth Estate’s Principal. The salary range for this position is $55,000 – $70,000. Fifth Estate offers three weeks of PTO plus two floating holidays; nine paid federal holidays; and two paid weeks for new caregiver leave. Fifth Estate’s compensation package also includes access to a health care plan and flexibility with teleworking.
How to apply
Please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A brief and relevant writing sample (2-4 pages).
- Cover email outlining how working at Fifth Estate would align with your personal and career goals.
No phone calls please. Fifth Estate does not accept solicitations from recruiting firms or placement agencies.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Fifth Estate is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels within the company. We recognize the importance of not viewing individuals based on a single identity and we thrive on being equitable in our recruitment process as well as in our efforts to be inclusive of all employees. We encourage all applicants regardless of gender, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, and other social identities to apply.
Nothing in this job description or posting guarantees employment.
About Fifth Estate
We are a small, fast-paced, full-service, solutions-oriented firm with a mix of government, nonprofit and small business clients. We specialize in what we call “why” communications — the relentless pursuit of integrated communications strategies and tactics that drive our clients toward achieving measurable, meaningful goals.